Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 48 - So long, 2011

Today's scheduled run: 14 miles

Today's completed run: 12 miles
Pace: ?

I thought today would have a terrible out-and-back of 14 miles for me. Instead, it had a terrible attempted 14 miles in... a gym. I know, I know. I'm crazy to try something like that, but it was super windy here in the mountains this morning. Like, the kind of wind where you actually blow off the mountain. As you can see above, I didn't complete the 14 miles. I wanted to, and I could have physically; but I couldn't get out of my own head, and I was so miserable at the gym. My legs felt great, but I caved at the end. Oh well. Next weekend...

It's almost 2012 here. We've been celebrating all night with lots of good food and fireworks that my dad smuggled across state lines from Tennessee to North Carolina. Okay - that's dramatic. He really just put them in the car and drove home, but I like the smuggling idea better. They were awesome; big and bright and loud - real fireworks!

 I'm off to watch the last few minutes prior to the ball dropping, then I plan to sleep forever, approximately.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment