Thursday, December 29, 2011

Days 45 and 46 - Yawn

I knew it would happen eventually. I totally forgot about this blog yesterday. Good thing it was a non-running day.

Conclusion from Day 45: I like Megabus a lot, but I will not ride it overnight again. Ever. It makes for a sleepy Leslie.

Moving on to today...

Today's scheduled run: 4 miles

Today's completed run: 4.1 miles
Pace: 9:44 (avg.)

Today, also known as the-day-the-hill-made-a-slow-poke-out-of-Leslie, I ran in North Carolina. The worst part about that is the fact that the hill on which I ran would make a seasoned Blue Ridge Mountain runner chuckle. They run mountains; I work at 110 percent to make it a mile up from the river. These elevation charts explain why my Baltimore training does not prepare me for a mile of uphill, ~300 ft gain.
A typical 4 miles in Baltimore. No hill to even warrant a rating.
The 4 miles in today's run. A long, steady climb.
So I did it... just a little slower than normal. I'll probably run along the river for Saturday's 14 miles. I confess: it's beautiful here in the mountains of NC, but I hate running here. I get so bored. All the trees and farms and big diesel pick-ups look the same to me. Running in the city, where there is always something to look at or read or notice, has ruined me.

No comments:

Post a Comment