Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 37 - Free Run

Today's scheduled run: 3 miles

Today's completed run: ?
Pace: ?

Remember in elementary school when you had free play in gym? That was like my run today. No watch, no distance measured, no nothing. Just me, some shoes and the sidewalk. Oh, and the 16-ish year old boy who followed/mocked me for half of a block until I turned and said, "You couldn't keep up if you tried." Yeah; I did that.

As an aside, it's weird to me that 16 now seems young. I must be getting old.

Anyway, it was nice to run without keeping track of numbers. I think I'll make that a regular thing for Tuesday runs. Seems like as good a day as any to do it, and it will be nice to run for the sake of running, not for the sake of competing with myself. Traffic lights dictated my route and allowed me to incorporate several hills. I also avoided the agitation of planning a route and then having to stop on account of traffic. It was also nice to run in shorts... in December! Five days until Christmas! (In case you missed the memo...)

No comments:

Post a Comment