Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 31 - One Month Down

Today's scheduled run: 6 miles

Today's completed run: 6.06 miles
Pace: 8:26 (avg.)

I'm so pleased with today's run. It was a nice way to celebrate my one-month anniversary of official training for the marathon. I felt strong, and I think I could have given more. As a runner, I can see ways I'm developing and growing, especially when it comes to pacing. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting to know Leslie-the-runner pretty well, and that's a good feeling. Happy one month, to me!

Two things for you:
1. A girl I went to college with has qualified for the Olympic Marathon Trials. She was a crazy good runner in college. That obviously hasn't changed. You can read her race recap here. Most notably, her qualifying marathon was her first marathon... ever.
2. Sara, aka Endorphin Mom, wrote a really emotional post yesterday, telling a pretty significant portion of her story. She'll be running RnR DC (same as me!) and for a great cause. Go check it out!

Until tomorrow, friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment