Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 39 - Cookies and Speedwork

Today's scheduled run: 3 miles

Today's completed run: 5.06 miles
Pace: 8:23 (avg.)

Today felt like a very adult day. There's something about being in your 20's and single and the master of your own schedule that makes things like dropping off boxes at the UPS store a sign of adulthood. I cannot explain this, but I know other 20-somethings experience it, too. Productivity!

S'mores cookies. Divine!
Anyway, post-UPS store, I headed to the grocery store for the fourth time this week. Clearly I need to start planning ahead and going with a list. I'm so bad about that. I picked up the last few baking items that I'd need for today's cookie baking extravaganza. You'll remember yesterday's raving about the new mixer. It's beautiful, and I love it. I'm considering keeping it in my bedroom. Okay... probably not. But really, it made baking 11-dozen cookies a cinch. I can't wait to make more things with it. An especially fun part of the day was baking with a friend of mine.

Post cookie-making, I headed over to McHenry Row for the weekly run with Charm City Run. I ran the five-mile route again, and it was crazy. We started off in a group of four at an ~8:45 pace. We dropped two and I continued on with a guy from the group at an ~8:30 pace. We picked up a [very fast] friend of his around mile 3 and finished our last two miles somewhere between 8:02 and 8:10. I was definitely maxing out at the 8:02-8:10 window, which coincided with the last mile. But I did it, and that's what counts. Also, it's really awesome to be able to keep up with men. Go team Leslie.

Recipes from today:
Basic, no-fail sugar cookies
Snickerdoodles
S'more Cookies

Music from today:
Page CXVI

No comments:

Post a Comment