Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 47 - Goals-ish

Apparently this vacation is making me a horrible blogger. I keep forgetting about it. Oops.

Today was a delightful day of shopping and hanging out with my step-mom, who is wonderful. We finished out the day by watching The Help, which was amazing. I'm still in the middle of the book, but I caved and watched the movie.

Tomorrow (which is technically today already) is the last day of 2011. Duh, Leslie. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it is also a day for a 14-mile run, which is longer than any run I've ever done. Ever. Not just in training for this marathon, but ever, in my life. Ok, you get it.

I'm somewhat apprehensive, as I'll be running in rural NC, on an out-and-back route. Rural is pretty to look at, most of the time, but I struggle to run here because I get bored. As I've mentioned before, the city has spoiled me. As for the out-and-back method, I think you know how I feel about it. Bleck.

Enough with the complaining. I've been noticing over the past few days that a lot of runners are posting their 2011 recaps and 2012 goals. It's weird to think about making goals for a whole year, because so much can change. I'm not going to make a list. I don't think the goals will really do much to motivate me anyway. If I want to do something, I'll do it. If not, having it on a goal list won't really help me. Still, I do have one running-related goal for 2012, and you all know it.

Run a marathon.

By March 17, 2012, we will know whether I've met this goal. Assuming that I do, I don't know where I'll go next. I might decide I hate running and never do it again (doubtful), or I might decide to run marathons every weekend (also doubtful). Somehow, I expect I'll go back to being your average runner, though -- putting in a few miles during the week and logging some longer runs on the weekend. I'm pretty content with that plan.

See you on the other side of 14 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment