Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 42 - Christmas!

Today's scheduled run: cross-training

Today's completed run: 3.64 miles
Pace: 8:58 (avg.)

Merry Christmas! I love Christmas, though I confess that today doesn't really feel like Christmas. In fact, it doesn't really feel like December, or like the end of the year is right around the corner. I'm not sure if that's because it's been so warm or what, but it's odd. Regardless, I celebrated today by sleeping in, eating, getting back into bed, running, and then eating for the rest of the day while spending time with family. Really, I think I was putting food in my mouth from about 12:30 to 7:30 pm. It was great, but I'm paying for it now, because I'm totally stuffed.

Of course, this week is also the week I increase my weekday mileage. I'll be making a few changes to this week's training, because I'll be traveling to NC on Tuesday night. My normal Monday rest day will be a 4-mile run, Tuesday's scheduled 4 miles will be Wednesday's 7 miles, and Wednesday will be a rest day. I will resume a normal schedule on Thursday. I have a 14-miler to look forward to this weekend, though I'm still trying to figure out where I will run it, since I don't know the back roads of Western NC very well. Maybe I'll just run off into the forest...

I'm off to do more exciting Christmas things. (Actually, I'm doing laundry, but I wanted to make that sound exciting for my own well-being.)

No comments:

Post a Comment