Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 32 - Charm City Runs

Today's scheduled run: 3 miles

Today's completed run: ~4.9 miles
Pace: ~8:38 (avg.)

Tonight I had the opportunity to run with a group from Charm City Run, a local running store. It has four outlets in two of the surrounding counties, and they are opening a store in the City (Federal Hill area) in April. I'm so excited, because I've been waiting for a quality running store to open downtown. My wish is their command.

I learned about their Wednesday night group runs via Twitter and knew I had to check it out. Plus, it was a warm night, downright balmy, if I do say so myself. It was 58 degrees when we left, with 70 percent humidity.

Charm City provides 3 mile, 4 mile, and 5 mile routes, but it's pretty informal -- a show up and run kind of deal. It was so much fun to run with other people! There was that awkward initial phase of figuring out who would run with who based on distance and speed, but it worked itself out. I hung out with the front of the pack for a good two miles before three of the six took off at a sub-8:00 pace. I'm not ready for that, so I settled in around 8:40 for the remainder, running with two others.

It's good to meet other runners and talk about running and life in general. I really enjoyed it, and it made the run go so much faster. Good, good times.

For tomorrow, a rest day, I'll finally get to talking about that whole bald thing. :-)

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment