Sunday, January 22, 2012

Days 69 & 70 - Living Life

This weekend made a bad blogger out of me. Of course, it made a bad exerciser out of me, too, which translates to bad exercise blogger.

After Friday night's snow, I decided not to do a recovery run on Saturday. I had spent the night in DC with some friends, so I didn't have access to a gym. And, let's be honest, I'm a wimp with a complex fear of breaking my tailbone (again) in a fall. So, I decided against dodging slush and ice. Instead, we went shopping.

I spent the afternoon with a friend from college in Northern Virginia. We don't see each other too regularly, but it was so wonderful to catch up. As an aside, she's written a great post on grief and how we so often do it wrong. Our time together was blessed. Continuing with the friend theme, I spent the night with another friend in Northern Virginia. This particular friendship is one of the easiest I have ever experienced. We've known each other for less than a year, but it feels like we've known each other for a long, long time. Another blessing!

Today also allowed no time for cross-training, which was technically on the schedule. I suppose I could get on the bike and ride right now, but that just seems not very fun. I hope this isn't the start of a slump, because now is not the time in my training to be unmotivated. Anyway, I'm hoping a week of normal schedule and an upcoming weekend where I'm not traveling anywhere can get me back into the swing of things.

I suppose I did cross-train a bit today. My mom and I took my niece bowling, which worked a muscle and joint in my wrist that must not get a lot of exercise otherwise... Okay, so maybe that's not legitimate cross-training, but work with me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment