Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 74 - Recovery Food, Not Fuel

Today's scheduled run: 5 miles

Today's completed run: 3 miles
Pace: 9:07 avg, on the treadmill

This is my third post in a row about food. It would be cool if I was a nutritionist or dietician and actually knew what I was talking about. Instead, I come to you only with my own empirical research, both good and bad. Yesterday, you may recall, was a day of good fueling and, consequently, excellent running. Today started off as a good fueling day, until some friends invited me for Mexican food after class. I knew it was a bad choice, but I literally cannot say no to Mexican food. (Well, that's obviously an exaggeration. The truth is, I choose to never say no to Mexican food and friends.)

Anyway, the nachos were just a bit too much to take with me for five miles tonight. In addition to stuffing my face, I had to hit up the treadmill because it was dark and raining by the time I was ready to run. I really despise the treadmill, so on top of feeling very full, my run was less than stellar, because I couldn't get out of my own head.

I'm doing Pilates with a friend tomorrow, as well as going with her to pick out her first legitimate pair of running shoes, i.e. shoes that she is fitted for by people who know what they are talking about. This is exciting! Then, Saturday holds 20 miles for me -- let's hope they aren't 20 burrito-laden miles. I promise I won't eat Mexican food until I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment