Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 66 - Yawn

Today's scheduled run: 8 miles

Today's completed run: 8 miles
Pace: 9:03 avg.

After yesterday's fast 5.75-miler, I think my legs were a little sleepy today. Also, even though I thought I exceeded yesterday's training mileage by .75, I actually exceeded it by 1.75, because I was only supposed to run 4 miles. I don't know where I got 5 from, though that's the schedule for next week. Alas.

I really struggled with pace today. I couldn't keep it below a 9:00 for very long. Tiredness is one plausible explanation. Along with it was the whipping cold wind (25 mph down by the water) that seemed to always be blowing as a headwind. A blessed tailwind gave me 8:58 for mile 6, but that's the best I could do. Oh well; there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment