Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 53 - 25 for 25

Today's scheduled run: 4 miles

Today's completed run: 0 miles

Because of some plans I have for this weekend, I'm switching up my schedule a bit and resting today in preparation for a long run (16 miles) tomorrow. Zoinks. I can't think about 16 miles too much, or else I start to worry.

Yesterday I mentioned beginning a 25-for-25 list, i.e. 25 things I'd like to do during 2012, the year I turn 25. I wanted these to be measurable, and most of them are, though some sort of lack specific counts. I give you, the list:

1. Run a marathon.
2. Run 1,000 miles this year.
3. Read 25 books.
4. Re-read all seven books of The Chronicles of Narnia (These won't count toward the 25.)
5. Host at least two people per month for lunch or dinner.
6. Take at least 30 minutes per month to pick a new spot to take pictures.
7. Make creme brulee from scratch
8. Do something/anything with the garden patch dirt pit in my backyard.
9. Go to a baseball game
10. Go to the beach
11. Go to New York City
12. Shoot trap or skeet at a range
13. Go to the Baltimore Museum of Art
14. Jump out of a perfectly good airplane (aka skydive)
15. Learn how to speed read
16. Do 25 push-ups... the real ones
17. Intentionally address people by their name more often
18. Mail at least four letters each month
19. Rent or borrow an awesome car (convertible, etc.) and drive around for a few hours
20. Listen to a new music artist every week
21. Complete five iTunesU courses
22. Wake up (or stay up) to watch a meteor shower
23. Take a road trip, short or long, with a friend(s)
24. Get my nose pierced
25. Eat (and enjoy a choice beverage) at The Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill, Baltimore

Want to join me for any of these? I'm always looking for friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tim and I may be able to help you with the Shoot trap or skeet!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I would do many of these things with you, however, I just realized that I won't even be home in time for your 25th birthday. Suck! If you could just push it back 10 days or so, I would be grateful.

    P.S. Are you really going to get your nose pierced. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete