Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 56 - Trials

Today's scheduled run: cross-training

Today's completed run: 2.5 miles
Pace: 9:something (yes, I used my new Garmin, but I'm too tired to get up and read the actual pace)

I moved like a sloth this morning. I thought I might try and get four miles in, but I felt as though I was running through quicksand. Obviously, I don't know precisely what that feels like, but I can theorize. There are several contributing factors: going to bed at 2 am and waking at 8 am, not eating before leaving the house, and the emotionally exhausting trial through which I am currently walking.

Saturday morning brought with it a significant life change unrelated to running or baldness. I'm not trying to be over-dramatic or secretive by not telling you what it is; I'm trying to find a balance of sharing with you that I'm going through something really hard while not unsafely baring my soul. The point is: this is a season of trial and discomfort and growth with regard to interpersonal relationships. I am praying for great fruit to come of it.

Thankfully, in just 24 hours, I have seen some of that fruit in the form of a rallying community. I tweeted this earlier today: "We cannot walk the road of trial alone. Find someone to walk with you, or accompany someone on their journey." Even yesterday, I was blessed by two times of relaxation and conversation with two different friends. Today, as I looked into a lonely afternoon, I was prompted to reach out to exactly the right people. I was blessed by not one but two church homes - New Song in Baltimore and Grace DC in DC.

There is grieving and lamenting to be done, lessons to be learned, more mistakes to make, more grace to receive, and more fruit to bear; but this is a start. And I will take a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment