Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 77 - Nothing but the Sound of My Feet

Today's scheduled run: cross-training

Today's completed run: 5 miles
Pace: 8:33 avg, with a sub-8:00 for the last mile

I tacked on these miles after yesterday's run, which was a little weird because it's been years since I've run on a Sunday. Aside from a Sunday morning race, Sundays have always been rest days. Other than feeling strong, especially compared to yesterday, there was something really cool that happened.

 I ran downtown, which is usually pretty busy, or at least carries with it the ambient noise of city life. Today, however, there were some points during my run that the only things I could hear were my breathing and my feet hitting the ground. Baltimore was absolutely silent, void of cars and other people. Much of this happened while I was running along the water. It was so serene and peaceful. Really, it was a gift. This run gave me the chance to think and pray and be silent. I'm so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment