Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 58 - Getting Out the Door

Today's scheduled run: 4 miles

Today's completed run: 4 miles
Pace: 8:36, 8:29, 8:15, and 8:32 (Thanks, Garmin, for making me a numbers girl)

Megan is right - most of the battle is found in getting your shoes on and getting out the door. That could explain why it took me over an hour to get out of my house for this run.

I confess, it was pretty cool to run with my new Garmin Forerunner 405. I didn't worry about planning a route; I simply chose a direction and headed out. It was also helpful to watch my pace change and learn just a teensy bit about how I control that. Obviously I knew that I was controlling my pace, but I'm so bad about knowing whether I'm going fast or slow. I had a great run today, which was very encouraging given Sunday's yucktastic ick.

I also had some really sweet moments at field placement today, including a gigantic hug from a beautiful little first-grader and some laughs from a sixth-grader as she tried to incorporate my last name into a rap. Yup. I really enjoyed being a school social worker today.

In running/fitness related news, I finally got my act together and "joined" Operation Hardcore Fit, which was started by Megan over at Watch Me Go Run. I expect it will be fun to see other people meeting their goals, even as I hope to meet mine. Ah, the camaraderie of pain... I mean, success.

And finally, in completely unrelated, uninteresting and mundane news: currently, there are zero e-mails in my inbox. I sat down tonight with great focus to clean it out and I exceeded my own expectations. I normally try to keep it under 15, but I've been hovering around 25 for the past week now, including some that desperately needed responding. It's a relief. I know that those of you who keep hundreds or thousands of e-mails in your inbox at all times are shaking your heads right now, wondering what kind of weirdo I am, but I can't help it. I'm a minimalist when it comes to my inbox.

Goodnight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment