Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 65 - Dark and Rainy

Today's scheduled run: 5 miles

Today's completed run: 5.75 miles
Pace: 8:37 (avg)

I had to run this morning, rather than later in the day, because of a busy schedule today. I don't mind running in the morning in the summer, when the sun comes up at 6 am; but waking to run on a dark, cold, wet winter morning is not my idea of a good time. After a fervent internal debate, I got out of bed and headed out. I thought it was going to rain all day today, so I was pleased that it was just damp and cloudy, with some light rain toward the end of the run. Overall, I felt strong. I definitely came out of the gate too swiftly, running an 8:02 mile, even after slowing myself down. One day, I'm going to test myself on a mile and see if I can go sub-8:00. I think I can.

Now, I'm plum tuckered out, so I'm off to bed. One last note, though - the sun came out around noon and the afternoon was stunning. I also got out of my afternoon class early, which left me with plenty of time I could have used to run in the sun at a reasonable hour, rather than in the dark rain at an unreasonable hour. Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment