Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 80 - Morning Run Take 2 and a Review

Today's scheduled run: 8 miles

Today's completed run: 8 miles
Pace: 8:48 avg

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to run at any other time today given my schedule, I rolled out of bed (well, more like tripped because one of my slippers was in the way on the floor) and ran this morning. The run was pretty good, overall. Unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard that the weather everywhere on the east coast has been absolutely amazing. It got up to 70 today! If this is the new face of winter, I like it. It was 54 when I ran this morning; I consider that the ideal running temperature. Running along the water to the rising sun was as beautiful as ever, even though one corner of the Harbor boasted a pretty nasty smell. That's beside the point, though.


It was a great way to welcome in February, though I can hardly believe it's already February! 44 days until the big day! I'm excited and a little anxious but looking forward to feeling a great sense of accomplishment. Now if Competitor would just release the course map...

January was a big month of running for me. It was definitely the most running I've ever done in a month, with a total of 126 miles. I also ran my fastest mile ever -- a 7:44, which was mile 7 of an 8-miler. I'm a bit of an accidental runner, i.e. I didn't do anything in particular to get that mile time other than decide I wanted to run fast. It's basically a fluke, but I'll take it. It also is evidence as to how mental running really is.

I'm scheduled for a total of 140 miles in February, and I'll begin tapering (decreasing mileage) at the end of the month. Mileage will be light in the two weeks of March leading up the marathon, and then I plan to sleep for the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment