Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 83 - Mt. Vernon and W&OD Trails

Today's scheduled run: 13 miles

Today's completed run: 13 miles
Pace: 9:40 avg

Today held something wonderful: a run with two other people. It was so nice to talk with people while running! We paced in the 10:__s for the first 8 miles before they headed in and I continued on to finish. My last five were strong, making me think I definitely need to come out of the gate slower to warm up. I know this isn't rocket science, but I needed to prove it to myself.

My last two miles were sub-8:00, which I never thought I'd see myself run. Ever. Mile 12 was 7:53, and mile 13 was 7:19 (a PR). This was definitely a mental game. I told myself, "You are going to PR," which meant breaking 7:44. And I did. It's amazing what the brain can make your legs do.

No comments:

Post a Comment