Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 85 & 86 - Oops

Clearly committing to blog once a day may have been a little over the top. Once "real training" is over, I don't think a blog per day will be happening. Day 85 was yesterday -- my normally busy Monday with some other things to make it even busier. It was also a rest day, so I have nothing related to running to report.

Today's scheduled run: 5 miles

Today's completed run: 5.17 miles
Pace: 8:37 avg

I wanted to run this morning, before my first class; but going to bed close to 1:00 am rendered me useless in all efforts to get out of bed and get moving. I was a little bummed but planned to run after my second class of the day. Then, wonderful surprise of all surprises -- my 9-12 class got out early, at 11:30, so I was able take advantage of the extra time and run in  some beautiful weather. I thought the wind would make it colder than it really was, so I was overdressed, but it was still a pretty good run. My legs felt a little heavy but nothing too serious. It was a lovely day to run around Baltimore and the Harbor. I think it's supposed to snow tomorrow, so I'm thankful for another day of warm weather in February. Hopefully it comes back!

It's hard to believe I have less than six weeks of training left. I have some pretty big weekend runs planned in there, which makes six weeks seem like a long time; but experience tells me those six weeks will fly. I can hardly believe how far I've come in training, particularly with regard to the mental aspect of running. All that running alone has turned me into a mental machine; I can occupy myself with the best of them.

But I'm still looking for running partners... Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment